We’re usually too busy talking about Selena Gomez‘s wardrobe to talk about her hair, but now it’s time to give her magical mane the attention it deserves. Basically, Selena rivals Connie Britton for the best hair in Hollywood. It’s glossy, voluminous and somehow never looks frizzy or flat. (They don’t just give anyone a Pantene contract, okay.)
But we just found out some surprising news about the star’s hair: It’s “very fake.” (Her words, not ours.) The 23-year-old singer joined YouTube star Lilly Singh for an intimate interview, and she revealed that her perfect tresses aren’t as perfect as they seem. (Catch the big confession at the 7:35 minute-mark.)
Faux or not, we still love everything about Selena’s strands. So we decided to dish out some hair style superlatives in her honor.
• Best Fake Wind Machine Hair: Does everyone else hear the Chariots of Fire theme song playing in their heads?
• Best Hair to Distract Fans from a Pending Nip Slip: It was a really close call.
• Best Victoria’s Secret Angel Hair on a Non-Victoria’s Secret Angel: She’s going to fit right in performing at the VS Fashion Show this year.
• Best Supporting Accessory: Her hair even shines through hats!
• Best Braid: She’s a modern-day Belle.
• Best Stage Hair: HOW DOES IT DO THAT?
• Best Airport Hair: We’re wearing messy buns, while Selena’s in-flight waves are perfection.
Are you surprised Selena’s hair is fake? Does she give you hair envy? Sound off below.
RELATED VIDEO: Selena Gomez’s Changing Looks!