1 of 9
CERAMIC CAT TOYS
Leave it to cats to give a dog some trouble! West Highland terrier Snowy stopped eating earlier this summer, and while her owners feared the worst, it turned out her tummy was already full – with five ceramic cat toys!
2 of 9
Siberian Husky Jax loved the teriyaki shish kebab he ingested last November – but the 6-in. wooden skewer that came with it pierced the pup’s large intestine, leaving him in severe pain. Luckily, an exploratory surgery saved his life.
3 of 9
It was purely an accident, but German shepherd-greyhound mix Mia ingested 10 rocks in May – the largest the size of an egg – after sipping from a backyard water fountain. Since the stones were smooth, they didn’t hurt the dog’s delicate tummy.
4 of 9
You are what you eat. Pup Alfie chewed up a dog-shaped toy last year, and after his appetite faded, a vet’s X-ray revealed the smiling plastic piece inside his belly! Surgery saved him from further stomach aches.
5 of 9
When a 3-carat diamond fell to the floor near golden retriever Soli, he did what any dog would do: swallow it! But after three days, the sparkler “resurfaced”– it just required a little extra cleaning.
6 of 9
When an X-ray revealed a dark object inside Bracken, veterinarians worried the dog had a cancerous growth. But it turned out to be a 5-in. soccer ball that actually moved the dog’s stomach next to his heart! Surgery saved the black Lab’s life.
7 of 9
After boxer/Rhodesian ridgeback mix Caine lost his tongue in a paper shredder, vets suggested putting him down. But thanks to his loving family, he’s thriving with the help of a feeding tube and yummy Science Diet “meatballs” his mama makes.
8 of 9
What can you buy with $400? If you’re Swiss mountain dog Augie, that’s a meal! The pup ate his owner’s money last spring, and thankfully passed the bills – three $100s and five $20s – during a nice long walk.
9 of 9
$58 IN CASH
Fozzie has eaten many things before – paper and a bra, among others – so it didn’t surprise his owners when the golden retriever-standard poodle mix devoured $58 from the kitchen counter. Their dog walker washed and returned every last cent.