Diamonds are a dog’s best friend, too.
It took six years, but Lois Matykowski’s missing diamond wedding ring finally reappeared when her 10-year-old Rottweiler mix, Tucker, swallowed a popsicle stick this month, according to ABC News.
The Wisconsin pooch – known affectionately to his family as the “food burglar” – wolfed down a popsicle and its stick, which prompted Matykowski to call her veterinarian.
The vet suggested feeding the dog bread with Vaseline to help bring up the stick. Eventually, the stick came back up, and it worked so well that, two days later, Tucker coughed up something much more sentimental: Matykowski’s wedding ring, which disappeared six years ago.
The ring went missing around the couple’s 20th wedding anniversary after they upgraded the ring (but, sadly, didn’t insure it).
When Matykowski spotted the sparkler in Tucker’s vomit, “I screamed,” she said, adding that she cleaned it by scrubbing it with toothpaste.
While the discovery has made her happy, it has made others jealous. “My friends have been telling me, ‘I want a dog that throws up diamonds,’” she said. “Who wouldn’t, right?”