1 of 7
PUT IT IN WRITING
Started by Kimi Culp, Lisa Erspamer and Robin Layton, A Letter to My Dog asks visitors of the site to write a few sweet words about their pets. The resulting book, featuring portraits taken by Layton, is a compilation of the best entries, including several of Hollywood’s biggest animal lovers. Click on to see what , Chelsea Handler and more stars had to say to their pets.
2 of 7
"Thank you for making me a mommy. You will always be my main man."
– The comedienne, to German shepherd-Chow mix Chunk, whom she helped rescue from a shelter in 2009
3 of 7
"With you, I can be weak, I can be insecure, completely flawed and utterly useless, yet you love me all the same."
– The actor, to chocolate Labrador Millie
4 of 7
"Can’t imagine my life without you and I don’t wanna!"
– The on-the-mend Good Morning America anchor, on dog KJ
5 of 7
"You are a magical creature and I witness you as you cast your loving spell on all who cross your path."
– The Happily Divorced star, to Pomeranian Esther, who’s shared that magic on the red carpet
6 of 7
"It was definitely puppy love at first sight. Our first night together sealed our deal forever."
– The , to cocker spaniel Sadie, a constant presence in her life
7 of 7
"Now I know that happiness is also something that can lick your face, jump up onto your lap and run around in excited circles when I come home, and make me laugh out loud."
– The Grammy winner, on dog Happy